LEFT HAND DRILL BIT SET 10 piece set
M2 High speed steel
These unique drill bits are used with your drill operating in reverse and are designed to aid in drilling out broken and sheared bolts and studs.
The reverse drilling action quite often will remove the broken bolt or stud on its own without having to resort to using an easy out or extractor thus saving you time and effort.
Left hand Drill bits are very popular in the automotive, mechanical and farming industries and are a very handy set to have in the workshop
Made from M2 High speed steel these bits feature a shorter body length than a traditional bit making access to tight areas easier and resulting in a stronger bit overall
and the stubby design allows quick and efficient swarf clearance for clog free drilling
The set comes packed in plastic sleeve making them compact and saving you space in your toolbox
- Short body length for better access and increased strength
- Split point machine sharpened to reduce bit wander.
- Black finish
- M2 High speed steel
SIZES: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 1/4", 9/32", 5/16", 11/32", 3/8", 13/32"
Overall length: the drill bits range from 50mm to 80mm in length
Use For: Steel, alloys
To use: simply insert the drill bits into your drill and operate the drill in reverse at low speed
Drill bit Life:
There are a few simple ways to extend the life of your drill bits that when followed will increase both the life and performance of any drill bit quite considerably.
- To extend drill bit life always run drill bits and drills at correct operating speeds, as a rule of thumb remember the bigger the diameter of the bit the slower the drilling speed.
- Use a Cutting fluid or oil, a quality cuting fluid keeps bits lubricated and reduces heat andcan double the amount of holes you can drill with one bit.
- Let the drill bit do the cutting at its pace and dont try to force it through.
- Drill a pilot hole, when Using larger diameter bits above 8mm it is a good idea to drill a pilot (small) hole first this smaller hole should be at least 50% smaller than the larger bit to stor binding and will allow the larger bit to drill more efficiently.
Copyright Robsons Toolking 2015 all rights reserved, unauthorised copying and or reproduction in part or full strictly prohibited.
why buy from toolking?
When Buying from toolking you can buy with confidence.
- We have over 38 years experience selling hand tools, so its safe to say that we really know our stuff.
- Unlike many online retailers we do actually have tradional street front retail stores, so we arent going to dissapear on you.
Plus it also makes us easy to contact should you have any questions.
- Toolking is 100% AUSTRALIAN family owned with over 3 generations working in the business
- We Employ Australians, when you buy a product from toolking rather than overseas you are helping to keep Australians employed.
- All our friendly staff are Australian so they speak fluent english, and that makes us easier to speak to.
And Remember that when you Buy from an Australian Business you are keeping Australians Employed,
And you are doing your part to help our economy and keeping jobs here for future generations of Australians.
Worked really well for the job I bought them for. Will be handy to have into the future
first-time user/buyer of left cut drill bits, buyer anyway, looking forward to making use of them on a specific job, am confident will work very well.
A must for every do it yourself person
Handy for drilling out broken bolts